Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Review: Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil
Wendy Higgins
453 pages (Print)
HarperTeen


Blurb:

Embrace the Forbidden.

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.


Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?


Review:

I'd like to start off by saying that Anna Whitt is one lucky girl. Even with everything that happened, she got to spend some quality time with Kaidan! That would pretty much make my life.

So, maybe it's becoming obvious that I really loved this book. I enjoyed nearly every aspect of it, more than I can say. The whole concept of the story is what originally drew me to it, but I also really liked the characters and the whole plot line.

I've read a lot of books that focus on demons and Nephilim, but this one was really different. I thought it was an awesome concept. The children of demons, forced to work for and promote the sins that their parents represent. It was a very new way of displaying Nephilin and added an inner mental fight to the plot.

I loved that Anna was the good girl, religious, and always cautious but she was brought into a world where she couldn't survive by being the good-girl. She changed as she had to, but she also stayed the same deep down, staying loyal to what she believed in. Her relationship with Kaidan was so complicated too. She wanted to be with him, but couldn't for reasons bigger than a family feud. Way bigger.

Which brings me to Kaidan. He has to be one of my all-time favorite love interests. Ever. He was a hot, sexy bad boy with just the right amount of tortured and fighting his instincts. Plus, if that wasn't enough, Kaidan has a British accent and is the drummer in a mildly successful band. How much better could he get?

Overall, the hangover level is a 5 out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED THIS BOOK. Although there are so many Angel and Demon novels out there I felt like this one stood out, Kaidan Rowe also helped (:
    mhmmm ... sorry in gushing! aha

    I’m a new blogger and would really appreciate it if you would check out my WOW and followed my blog @ straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete