Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review: Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush
Becca Fitzpatrick
391 pages (Hardcover)
Simon & Schuster
Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes&Noble

Blurb:

A sacred oath.
A fallen angel.
A forbidden love.

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.

But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.


Review:

I'm going to start off by saying that Hush, Hush is one of my all time favorite books. Ever. My friends tell me that I still talk about it for at least once a day, which I can't deny with any honesty. Just to warn you.

My favorite part about this book is the characters. They all seemed real-ish to me, reminding me of some of my friends. I loved it whenever Nora and Patch were together. I couldn't get enough of the conversations that they had, specifically the banter and the innuendos (mostly coming from Patch). Nora is one of my all-time favorite heroines because she did whatever she could to figure out what was happening. She also never completely trusted Patch and was always slightly nervous around him which I thought was a little more realistic than some other stories. Patch is, of course, very sexy. He is the mysterious bad boy that no one should ever really trust. I loved that, but I normally end up preferring the bad boys in books. (A sometimes unfortunate occurrence.) I also loved Nora's best friend, Vee. She was, to say the least, awesome.

The plot was something I personally loved. It's something you see more and more these days, but I liked that Patch wasn't exactly a perfect guy. I also really love the angel aspect of the story. It almost makes you expect that the characters will have to either do right (or wrong for fallen angels), but sometimes they just do what they think they have to do.

I will definitely be reading this book again in the future and I've already made sure that I own the rest of the saga, because I just couldn't wait to find out what happened next. And I'll be recommending this to people for quite a long time.

The overall hangover level is a 5 out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your blog!

    This book was great! so great I basically read it monthly, Patch Is just so yummy! I can't get over it! This book was filled with everything i needed plus a couple thing i didn't even know I needed. I was ad to see the series end but it was a good ending to a good series!


    I’m a new blogger and would really appreciate it if you would check out my WOW and followed my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete