Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Review: Everything Is Perfect When You're a Liar

Everything Is Perfect When You're a Liar 
Kelly Oxford
336 pages (paperback)
It Books
Goodreads  - Amazon  - Barnes&Noble

Blurb: 

From her beginnings as a wunderkind producer of pirated stage productions for six-year-olds, through her spirited adventures watching self-satisfying monkeys, throwing up on Chinese food deliverymen, and stalking Leo DiCaprio, here are the goofy highs and horrifying lows of life as Kelly Oxford. 

Review: 

I didn't know what to expect when I first got Everything Is Perfect when You're a Liar. It sounded like an interesting book, but I was never one for memoirs or life stories. Once I got a couple chapters in I realized that this memoir wasn't like other memoirs out there. Kelly's story is basically multiple essays weaved together to create a story, starting in her childhood and end in her now adult life. 

I have seen many people give mild rated reviews of this book, now that I have personally read it myself, and on Goodreads it curentlly holds a 3.36 star rating. I, on the other hand, love this book. Throughtout the story she is literally telling readers just who ignorant she was as a child and teenager, while as growing as an adult she realizes that everything that she had done in highschool really came back and bit her in the ass. 

Many reviewers have called her narcissistic for complaining about her seemingly perfect life, but what they don't realize is that she not really complaining, but rather telling her life story the way she sees it with her emotions and her feelings. This is what kept my attention while I was reading. If I remember correctly, I finished this book within 3 or 4 hours, so rather quickly. I honestly believe that if you enjoy reading and maybe even laughing at other peolples failures you might like reading this book, and if not, check it out anyway.  

Overall, I give this a hangover level 4 out of 5. 

Want to purchase the book? Check out the links at the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment